Thad,
Why did you hafta bring it up...you know we can't come to an agreement on
that one :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Thad K Esser
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 11:21 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Help on the Status Reason field on the HPD:Help Desk form.

Enslin,

You'll have to do a set fields to a temp field where 'Entry ID' = $Entry ID
$ to get the old status reason, before you do your push.  In ITSM 7.0.3,
there are 31 temporary char fields already defined, named z1D Char1 through
z1D Char31 that you can use.  They aren't in any view, but they are there.
Watch out for existing workflow that use those fields, so you don't
overwrite a value that is needed somewhere else (filter phasing can come
into play here)

And, at the risk of making the entire list groan :-) , don't ever use the
'TR.Field' notation as it doesn't work the way that is commonly thought.
The only way to 100% accurately detect a field value change is to use
'Status Reason' != 'DB.Status Reason'.

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Now... Just where did I put that cheese...?"

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

  |Enslin Van Blerk - MWEB <evanbl...@mweb.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>

  |arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

  |09/08/2009 07:04 AM

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

  |Help on the Status Reason field on the HPD:Help Desk form.

|------------>
| Sent by:   |
|------------>

  |"Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

Hi

Can anyone give me some ideas please?

I want to push the "Status Reason" value to a new table once the Status =
Pending and the 'TR.Status Reason' != 'DB.Status Reason' I want to push the
previous database value and not the new transaction value. Is there a way I
can catch both values and then push them to this new form? I don't like to
add fields to the "HPD:Help Desk" form.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Enslin

This electronic communication and the attached file(s) are subject to a
disclaimer which can be accessed on the following link: Disclaimer
- or copy the following URL into your browser -
http://www.mweb.co.za/disclaimer. If you are unable to view the disclaimer,
please contact ab...@mweb.com for a copy.

Are"_

*IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely
for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly
prohibited.  Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to
be a legally binding signature.
*