UPDATE:
After patching from 3 to 4 the plugin server still failed to load the Server
Information console.  I was getting many authentication errors when the form
would open.

Since we are building a server group I put this box on hold and started to
build the next one.  I used patch 1 as a base since I have had good results
with that.  From there I patch to 3 which I have also had good results going
from 1 to 3.  Then finally patch 4.  This appears to be working great so
far.

It is possible that I messed up the Application Service Password at one
point so I am not completely sure it is the installer's fault.  On the prior
attempts I had been copying and pasting the password from our keystore.
Since you cannot see the value I cannot verify that it was correct from the
clipboard (although I have done it many times in the past with no problem).
On the last attempt I shortened the password and manually typed it in.

On a side note, the Host ID still changes on Server 2008 after a reboot.  I
thought I had read that was fixed in one of the last patches.  I did check
that the MAC is not changing since it is VM.

Jason