  From: Chintan Shah
  Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2010 8:46 PM
  Subject: Re: Active link Else Action not working

  ** Hi Angus,

        " if the qualification does not find any match"
        -->Where are you checking this part? in "Run If"?

        If I understand your question correctly, then this 'digits' != "" is
not equal to "Employee not found". If if I input a number which does not exist
in database digits field is still not empty and hence 'digits' != "" will not
fail, in which case "If" action is executed and "If No Requests Match: Do Not
Show Any Message and suppress empty list." happens.

        In other words, the only time I see your "Else" action getting executed
is when there is no data entered in digits field (as per Run If that you have
provided here).

        Correct me if I am wrong in understanding your question.

        Thanks,
        Chintan