I am going to throw my two cents in because this is probably the hardest
part of implementing ITSM.  make sure when you are defining these that you
get input/buyoff from helpdesk managers, field tech managers etc....  I have
seen companies in the past where these values where agreed upon but no one
though of consulting with the people who actually use the application.  You
can come up with the best Foundational data to you, or to mangement but when
it comes time to use it, if it does not make sense to them it is going to be
a hard roll out, not to mention inaccurate reporting from people using the
wrong cats etc....

This might go without saying, but just thought I would throw this out there.

Kevin

--
Kevin Begosh