This would be better handled by Release. I know that the parent in either case
cannot be closed until the children changes are completed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Cook <remedyr...@gmail.com>
To: arslist <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Thu, Jul 22, 2010 11:26 am
Subject: Change Management question

** We are looking to use CM (7.5) like this:  One Project or Release RFC that
would dictate what needed to be done at multiple locations.  Then subordinate
RFCs would be created at each location to handle the exact scheduling and
implementation.  My question is whether the Parent/Child RFC process works like
the RFC/Task process, in that closing the last task in an RFC auto-closes it
and/or if the Parent RFC is prevented from being closed until all of the
children are closed.

Just trying to get a handle on the degree of dependence or control the parent
RFC has on the subordinate RFC, and vice versa.

Rick