The customer intends to have the Parent RFC as an initial point of approval
and dispatch.  So Parent Company says "All installations need to patch their
Windows OS with patches A, B, and C between Aug 1 and Aug 20".  Then when
that's approved at the corporate level, each local NOC will create a child
RFC and the related Release records to actually accomplish that and schedule
it at their local level in a way, within the larger approved time window, in
which doing that coordinates with the other planned outages and maintenance
for their installation.

>From an approval level, the Parent approvals only take it up to Scheduled,
and then the Child approvals take over until they all are completed.  So
from a corporate level, I can look at the Parent RFC and from it, see the
status of all of the Child RFCs and associated Release records.

So think of it as having local control and accountability over the
implementation of a global mandate.  Make sense?

Rick