Nice update.

For what its worth I think Thads idea is probably a good workaround.

With regards to exactly what is happening... we normally see a Doug M post a
few days later ;) (hint)

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of William Rentfrow
Sent: 05 May 2011 15:58
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Server name in notification

**

After DAYS of going deep into this - there is no good answer.

Adding multiple servers to the mid-tier config adds too much stuff to the
home page.  Plus, it's (IMHO) a completely unnecessary way to fix this
software-wise.

The server name alias in the ar.conf file is what I want the server to be
called - period - I can't imagine why BMC would allow this to be changed.

I did however figure out HOW it changes.  I am pretty sure the AR Server is
invoking an API call called "GetServerInfo".  The API guide specifically
says that this API call will automatically append the domain name if it is
not present at the tail end of the server when the information is returned
from the server.

We may invoke some load balancer re-write rules but that's a pretty
duct-tape approach to this as far as I can tell.

I am putting in a defect and/or RFE for this.  It's poor design.