Nope J

Server name alias is definitely the short name - and although the
IP-Name exists with the full name it is the third item in the list,
behind the short name an the IP.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Danny Kellett
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 2:46 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Server name in notification

**

Hi,

I think this is the value that's in the Server-Name in the ar.cfg files.

If you change this to the short name e.g. myserver then do two things:

1 - Make sure the local arserver can ping that name and that the reply
IP is the actual local machine. Normally I add this to the local hosts
(windows) or /etc/hosts on *NIX

2 - in the ar.cfg file add the following line

IP-Name: myserver.domain.com

Kind regards

Danny

Single Sign On (SSO) for the BMC Remedy AR System and ITSM

http://www.javasystemsolutions.com/jss/ssoplugin