From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Lyle Taylor
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:34 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy Inconsistancy

**
I griped about this a few years back, too.  The answer I got, besides
"functions as designed" is that the approval engine is essentially an
independent subsystem.  While the ITSM suite uses it, it is not, per se, part
of the ITSM suite.  As such, it doesn't know about how ITSM stores and works
with people but uses the User form instead.  That leaves it with only being
able to really use the least common denominator for people, which is username.

Not sayin' I agree...