Oh, it's worse than that.  I had to add some functionality to the approval a
couple years and versions ago, and found that the functionality - the
workflow that actually does the work, not just the interface triggers - is
different for the Process Flow Bar, the Approval Console, and the Approvals
tab on the CR.  Three sets of workflow accomplishing basically the same
thing, and after years of all of those systems playing together, there are
still separate sets of workflow in the current version.

It seems of lesser importance than getting bug fixes (and we are currently
encountering a doozy) addressed and adequate QA done to ensure that things
work at all, but it would be nice to have some tightening up of the design
and architecture of the application suite.

Rick