I had to do this a few weeks back.  I believe I had to just let the
'Selection Code' be generated by the system and then put whatever value it
creates into my form fields.

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Juan Carlos Figueroa
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:31 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: 7.6.04 SP2 - How to add a Work Info Type to the Incident form

**
Hi Jase
Maybe try edit|copy to new from a similar record?

Tks!

Juan

  _____

Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:40:29 -0400
From: jasebran...@gmail.com
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

** Hello All,
I've been banging my head on the keyboard for the last few hours and was
hoping someone had already dealt with this.

We are on 7.6.04 SP2 and I need to add a 'Work Info Type' to the Incident
form of "First Call Resolution".

I've ensured the form/view for HPD:HelpDesk and HPD:Worklog are overlaid,
I've added 'Work Info Type' of "First Call Resolution" to the Incident
form.. and to the HPD:Worklog form. Both with corresponding values of
"18001".

Per support - I now need to add a record to SYS:Menu Items for this to work
correctly. Here comes the problem:

The field 'Selection Code' won't allow me to add "18001" when I create a new
record. The field is read only and I can't figure out where this 'Selection
Code' value is being generated.

Can anyone provide any guidance? :-) I haven't done this in awhile and it's
driving me crazy. Am I on the right resolution path? Should I do this
differently?  Support seems stumped too...

Thanks in Advance,

Jase Brandon