Why would anyone in BMC think that their competitors wouldn't have the
software, documentation etc? So I see no really reason to keep it to people who
pay money.

It also brings back the old conversation of having a developer license so
people could learn independently. The only option is get a job with a customer
or partner and get the software/documents that way.

Let's hope there is a positive change