ITSM 7.6

On Incident, a customer would like to add several Status Reason menu choices
associated with the Assigned and In Progress Statuses. They intend to use is as
a sort of sub-status (for example: In Progress with a Status Reasons of
Analysis, Test, Document Prep, etc)

I have added the Status Reason menu choices and they show up properly. However,
now I see that there are filters that are clearing the field upon save. I plan
to disable or work around them.

My question is does anybody know no a good reason why I shouldn't do this...
why the Status Reason must be cleared out if the Status is either Assigned or
In Progress?

Has anybody else used the Status Reason with either of those two Statuses?

Thanks,
Ken.

solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. Subject to local law, communications (including
traffic data) with Hubbell may be monitored by our systems [or a third party's
systems on our behalf] for the purposes of security and the assessment of
internal compliance with Hubbell policies. This footnote also confirms that
this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated