Sounds to me like there may be information missing on both sides, but here's
the raw information.

Under Suite (blue) licensing, license entitlement is sold in bundles.  So for
the "Service Desk User" bundle, you get the following entitlements:

AR User Fixed
Incident Mgmt Fixed
Problem Mgmt Fixed

Or

AR User Floating
Incident Mgmt Floating
Problem Mgmt Floating

The AR User portion of the bundle _can_ be used for custom/bespoke applications
or extensions.  However, obviously the Incident/Problem licenses require that
the AR User license be present on the same AR System server to operate - i.e.
you can't install the AR User on one system and the Incident/Problem on another
and expect to use Incident/Problem on the second system.

Fixed licenses are site licenses - they are associated with a named user.  Thus
the same human being is entitled to use the purchased fixed entitlement on
multiple instance, but _only_ if the login name is exactly the same on every
instance.

Floating licenses are linked to an instance, but can be shared by multiple
human beings.  The number of people that can concurrently be logged in equals
the number of installed floating user licenses.  Even if the same human being
goes to a second instance, they will need to access a second purchased floating
license.

So two possibilities:

1. If Fixed was purchased, the fixed licenses could be activated on a second
instance as long as they are assigned to the same named user with the same
login name.  The AR System User license could be used to power a custom/bespoke
application.

2. If floating, the licenses would all have to be deactivated on the first
instance and then enabled on the second instance.  The floating AR System User
license could be used then to power either Incident/Problem or a custom/bespoke
application.

So one outstanding question is - which bundle did they buy?

Thanks,

David J. Easter
Product Line Manager, AR System
BSM & Atrium Solutions Mgmt