The source code file on that ftp site seems to be a zip file but is corrupt
when I try to open it. Anybody else have success with the source?

Ken.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Susan Palmer
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:13 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Any tool similar to Abydos Analyser!!

**
I own Abydos Analyser and the notice from BMC I received is below.  I'm hoping
the product keeps working since it has an 'unlimited' license term but  one can
never will tell for sure.  I would miss this capability to show the visual
diagram of system components/relationships.  I must have missed those
capabilities in Dev Studio or Migrator, which would not be surprising, so if
someone knows where that is I'd appreciate the info!

Dear Valued Customer,

As previously communicated to you in a letter dated April 19, 2012, we are very
happy to have successfully completed the acquisition of Abydos, the
market-leading provider of process-modeling software for the BMC Remedy IT
Service Management applications. This letter provides important details for you
about the Abydos technologies you previously licensed.

We want to let you know of the general availability of the BMC Remedy IT
Service Management Process Designer v 8.3.2 (formerly known as Abydos Designer)
product.

This latest release of BMC Remedy IT Service Management Process Designer
contains important new functionality, bug fixes, as well as upgrades to
technology components.

New & Improved Functionality with Process Designer version 8.3.2:

  *   Multi-tenancy: All processes are now attached to an ITSM company so users
can only see processes in the client that belong to their own company;
  *   Localization: The process task names, descriptions and field names are
all now localizable through the Process Designer Client;
  *   Performance/Scalability: All previous server components consisting of
binaries and C-API based plug-ins have been replaced with a single
multi-threaded Java plug-in providing improved performance and scalability for
enterprise solutions;
  *   Pre-Defined Queries have been added to the Set Fields action to enable
process designers to count records in ITSM forms without needing SQL knowledge;
  *   Create New Request action enhanced to provide wizard-based guide for
creation of ITSM Purchase Requests and corresponding line items;
  *   Enhanced Logging: Multiple levels of logging now available with output
written to a Remedy form for easy access;
  *   Update Request Action now enhanced to allow updates to any Remedy form
with a qualification;
  *   Process Tracker (previously Request Tracker) now runs as a servlet which
allows it to run from any combination of servers including server groups and
mixed-platform environments;

You can get the latest release of this technology from the Product Downloads
(EPD) page here: http://www.bmc.com/support/downloads-patches.

BMC Software is also announcing the end of life of the Abydos Analyser product.
Effective April 18, 2012, BMC Software will no longer market Abydos Analyser
and will no longer be licensed in any of the markets we serve. We will continue
to support the product up until April 18, 2013 on which date BMC Software will
discontinue all support for the Abydos Analyser software.

BMC Software does not have any migration plans for Abydos Analyser, however, we
are making its source code available to existing licensees under the terms and
conditions of the Gnu General Public License v2.0. Further, you will find
capabilities similar to those provided by Abydos Analyser in the BMC Remedy
Developer Studio and Migrator software for which you are currently licensed as
a BMC Remedy Action Request System customer.

You can get the source code release of this technology here:

ftp://filedownload.bmc.com/

Username: abydos

Password: an8ly2er

We would also like to take this opportunity to share with you the details on
how to obtain assistance from our BMC Customer Support team**. You can now
contact BMC Customer Support to assist with any questions or help needed with
the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Process Designer product. You can also
contact BMC Customer Support to assist with any questions or help needed with
your current license of Abydos Analyser until the expiration of your support
contract or the end-of-support date listed above (whichever is sooner).

You can log a ticket with BMC Customer Support on the web at:
http://www.bmc.com/support or by email at
customer_supp...@bmc.com<mailto:customer_supp...@bmc.com>. You can also access
BMC Customer Support by telephone using one of our local or free phone numbers
in your country. There is a full list of BMC Customer Support local and free
phone telephone numbers here: http://www.bmc.com/support/support-contacts.

When logging a ticket via web, email or telephone, please remember to quote
your BMC Support contract number.

If you are not sure what is your BMC Support contract number and need help
finding it or if you need help logging onto the BMC Support web site, please
contact our Customer Care team at one of the numbers listed at:
http://www.bmc.com/support/support-contacts.

Please be assured that BMC Software is committed to providing you with
state-of-the-art software solutions. Our software developers, support, and
sales personnel are highly-trained professionals dedicated to ensuring that BMC
customer requirements are addressed with the highest level of customer
satisfaction.

As a valued customer, we thank you for your support and hope that we can
continue to serve you with other quality products.

Sincerely,

Christophe Bodin
Vice President and General Manager Customer Support, ESM
BMC Software, Inc.

**Note, if you currently receive support for your Abydos or BMC products
through an Abydos/BMC Partner, you should continue to follow your current
support procedure.

Stay in touch with us:
Facebook<http://app.go.bmc.com/e/er.aspx?s=1545&lid=1735&elq=4a05e253cdb647749a1f78a6bbf99369>

Twitter<http://app.go.bmc.com/e/er?s=1545&lid=2227&elq=4a05e253cdb647749a1f78a6bbf99369>