I sort of oversimplified my requirement but that isn't a bad option.
Basically, in my case we had something like:

Incident 1 Type
                Company 1 > Support Group 1
                Company 2 > Support Group 2
Change 1 Type
                Company 1 > Support Group 1
                Company 2 > Support Group 2
Incident 2 Type
                Company 1 > Support Group 3
                Company 2 > Support Group 4
Change 2 Type
                Company 1 > Support Group 3
                Company 2 > Support Group 4

A simple example of this would be that if you request access to an Accounting
system you are routed to the security team, while if you are requesting an
enhancement to it you are routed to a developer/app administrator, while a
reporting request for the Accounting system may route you to a reporting team.
Remedy can handle that pretty easily via the Assignment Engine.  However, by
adding the Location Company to the mix (major components of my company are
natural gas pipelines) we add another layer of complexity.  It's also not a
true multi-tenancy issue, because it's not necessarily tied to the company the
person reporting the Incident/Change is working for since a lot of them are
shared services and thus split amongst all or some portion of the pipelines.
It's more a matter of which pipeline they are reporting the request for.

I created a custom assignment mapping form that can handle this criteria, and
it's (currently) only used by one AIF for the purpose of one department within
I.T. but it's flexible enough that as we buy, sell, or merge pipeline companies
and their systems we can easily set up mappings to handle it here.  I also had
to update a few places to make the Support Group ID and related fields
available for AOTs, so theoretically I can completely bypass the Assignment
Engine from SRM whenever it's needed.  I haven't yet integrated them with
Incident or Change Directly because I don't think there is much point, but it
shouldn't be difficult to do if necessary.  Since ITSM itself doesn't handle
this type of assignment routing as of 7.6.4, I'm not sure how easy it would be
to do in a vanilla SRM form.  The new 8.x functionality Jason Miller brought up
may be able to do it, but I'd probably still have to keep my custom assignment
mapping form out there for reference purposes.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer