There were some known cache corruption issues that were discussed at
WWRUG13.  The newer hotfixes (7.6.04, 8.0, 8.1) I believe attempt to
address these.  We recently applied the Dec 8.1 hotfix and I have not heard
any reports of these types of errors.  Admittedly these were not originally
reported to my team until many had suffered much pain so it is hard to tell
if hotfixes actually did the trick.