Hi All,
   BMC has a dedicated AMIGO Team to assist and guide customers in their
upgrade plan .
If needed , ITSM Customer Engineering [ i mean R&D ] Team will step in to
unblock customer upgrade issue .

With 8.1 SP1 , we have shipped CONFIGCHECKER tool ; previously known as
pre-checker .
a] Tool and its read-me file is available within the AR 8.1 SP1 installer zip .
b] Before one starts the fresh install or upgrade , one can execute all checks
using the config checker .
c] It checks configurations as well as ITSM Id violations which will point out
the violations if any.
d] This way , most of the install & upgrade issues are fixed before starting
the upgrade.
e] There is BPCU Tool to find out improper customizations and fix them before
upgrade.

**IMPORTANT** :
1] We have published "Cook-book for ITSM Suite 81 Upgrade" document on BMC
Remedy Community group.  Please click here to check the BMC Community blog post
:

https://communities.bmc.com/community/bmcdn/bmc_it_service_support/blog/2013/08/07/upgrading-to-bmc-remedy-81-things-that-you-really-need-to-know

2]  AMIGO Assistance Program FAQ's :
A] Do we have any template for the data we need from customers ?
## BMC AMIGO team has developed a collateral that we will be providing
customers and using this collateral the expectation is that customer will
describe the a detailed upgrade plan. Once the plan has been developed they
will come back to BMC Support and our AMIGO team will review their detailed
plan and provide feedback on any red flags and/or reinforce crucial steps of
the upgrade.

B] Where can we track/check all this data ? Will it be  the BMC communities or
a dedicated AMIGO site having the current status for each AMIGO support case.
## In the AMIGO process customers will contact Support via a Support ticket and
these tickets will be tagged with the keyword AMIGO in the Memo field and this
how it is tracked.

>>> We look forward to help customers in the upgrade or  migration  to latest
>>> 8.1 SP1 ITSM Suite .

Thanks,
Vivek Patil

Disclaimer:
a] This document compliments and DOES NOT replace the existing product
documentation. Please follow the blog post to receive more updates.
b] The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in
this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.