OK, good news and bad news……

The best way to do this is to create an escalation that is disabled.  Then,
tell it to run one time.

Well, that seems to be perfect and just what you asked for.  So, how do you do
this???

Well, that is the bad news.  While we do have the exact functionality, we have
not made it easy for you to
get to.

You can create an escalation and it can be disabled.  NO problem there.

Now, there is way using an API call to say to run ANY escalation (enabled or
disabled) ONE TIME RIGHT NOW.
So, this is good news.

The bad news is that we have not exposed a way to call that API call from Dev
Studio.  This means you have
to call it from an API program or use the driver sample program we ship to
cause it to run.

Using driver, you can create a small script that performs the login, runs the
escalation, and terminates and pass
the escalation name in as a parameter.  Then, you could just run that script
directly (or through workflow) to
perform the operation.  A good enhancement request is to have the ability to
say to "run now" for an
escalation exposed through dev studio.

Other than this feature, you have to enable it so that it triggers and runs and
then disable it so that it does not
run again.  There is no other way to manage this.

Doug Mueller