From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Warren R. Baltimore II
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 5:01 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: OLD Midtier and New technology....

**
I'm hoping that there are some folks experiencing this.

I've got a pretty old (and soon to be retired) ARS installation.  ARS 6.3,
Midtier 6.3, ITSM 6.3.

The midtier is running on a Solaris box using Apache and New Atlanta.

Recently, my organization decided that the bleeding edge of techcnology was a
good place to go.  So, as part of a refresh, they dropped Brand New Windows 8.1
machines on everyones desk.  YAY!  These machines are all using IE 11.

Now, I have a small subset of users (at least the ones I know about) who are
having a hell of a time with this setup.  They are unable to log into our
Remedy installation via IE.  When they do, they get the following error:

Caught excepetion undefined: undefined - TypeError:

Object doesn't support property or method 'getAttribute'...AT:

undefined
 A few of these people have been able to get by this error by clearing the
cache, taking the site out of and then back into compatability mode.  But with
most, no amount of cajoling will get the site to run.

My org is experimenting with putting Firefox out there, I'm hopeful that this
will resolve the issue, but until then I'm stuck.  Has anyone ran up against
this issue?  Were you able to get around it?  Do you hate Win 8.1 as much as I
do?

Thanks in advance!
--

Warren R. Baltimore II