> Impressive. Yep. Looks doable then. For us it would probably be either just
> filtering and amplification on four channels, or upconversion (on two iq
> channels then i would think).

Agreed, seems doable.  Filtering plus amplification should fit in a suitable
footprint pretty easily.  Two channels of IQ upconversion would also probably
be good, but most likely the upconverting mixer would need to have larger RF
bandwidth than is typically available in surface mount IQ modules (which
typically go to ~ 6 GHz spec'ed max, might be rough making it out to 12 GHz for
Yb).  Since we have full IQ control in the digital regime, we could do
everything we want with just a regular mixer as long as filters are put in
place to get rid of the second sideband on the output (these could be placed
off-card as well, for example).  The bandwidth of the DACs is sufficiently high
that this method for removing the second sideband is viable, as long as
appropriate filters are placed in the IF signal path.  Just another potential
way of generating things.