> > What are you thinking for number of daughter cards?  I suppose that
> > more would give us more flexibility, but less would be more economical
> > in terms of cost and layout area.  Perhaps two daughter cards would be
> reasonable:
> > one for all of the inputs and one for all of the outputs?
>
> Just one, the space on the AMC is rather limited.

We should be able to do two side by side.  I think it would be nice to be able
to select the input daughtercard separately from the output daughtercard.  This
would require having two sets of pin headers for sending power and digital
signals, but I think the input daughtercards would likely have much less in
terms of digital control signal requirements; there would be two basic designs,
one for baseband digitization and one for downconversion before digitization.
Both designs would just have analog components, no digital
attenuators/switches/etc would be necessary or desired.

This would especially hold true if we go to a 4 DAC / 2 ADC design, but a 4/4
design should work fine too.