Regular retail, like you're talking about in the Grove won't work.
The Grove is very upscale, has limited hours and is on Rte 35 along
with every other store in the world. Its location has a crucila
density. No matter how popular the waterfront becomes, and I hope
very popular, that type of retail won't work. It will never have
sufficient body count in the off season, even if all of the units
get built. We don't need that much on the waterfront. Anything too
ambitious is set to fail.
--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> oh really.  what parts of the boardwalk aspect of the plan dont
you think will work?  (keep in mind, im not taknig sides, im just
talking)  what other kind of season stuff do you want, aside from
beach and food type places?  thats all any other shore seasonl town
has.  i dont follow what you think is missing.  whatever "mall type"
buildings there planning, probably arnt what most want.  but i dont
see any reason why they woudlnt work.  look at the place in
shresbury called "the grove."  if you can imagine, its an outside
mini boardwalk. walking from one store to the next.  thats probably
what the fishmans have in mind. (not that i agree or disagree keep
in mind, just talking).