Welcome Deborah!

It is certainly worth buying property in AP. Sooner the better
because prices are rising.

As for this being a good place to spend summers at the shore, the
answer is yes.  I don't want to overstate it and say that Asbury is
a better family destination than Long Beach Island or Ocean City,
but it once was and within a few short years it will be again.
Depending upon your interests (theater, music, restaurants), you may
actually find Asbury better than LBI now.

Also being in Asbury will provide you close access to some very
family oriented places right next door, like Avon and Allenhurst
beaches. With my wife and kids, we split our beach time in the
summer between Asbury, Allenhurst and Avon. The Shore towns around
here are small, so if you combine them from Long Branch to Belmar
(only a 5 or 6 mile stretch), I actually like it better here than
places like LBI and Ocean City. There is plenty to do around here.

If you were thinking of moving here year round, the North West
section of Asbury is my favorite part of town.  It is a completely
residential section that is quiet and very lovely.

Regarding the schools, you can google the "school report cards" the
state issues each year and make up your own mind.

If you are in need of someone to show you around, I give historical
speeches about Asbury Park and conduct guided tours.  I'll be glad
to show you around if you wish.  Send me a private email and I'll be
glad to set something up for you.

Welcome to AP.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Deborah Sittig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hello, I've been lurking on your Yahoo group of over a year now.
>
> I've read both the good and the bad - the rants and the raves.
>
> I've been considering buying property in AP and even after a year
I'm still unsure. So, I am wondering....

> Where do you see the city in 10 years? Is it a good place for a
young family to spend summers at the shore? What is your vision of
how AP should be and how does it compare to what is actually
happening?

> Finally, what would you change about AP if you could?
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Deborah

>  Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn
more.