--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:>
Joe Scott was my neighbor.  Lived right across the street.>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~asburyjim
wrote:Joe Scott wanted to combine the Neptune & Oakhurst VFW's with theAsbury
VFW.Which has people of all race's Joe didn't care.When I went VFW Officer
School all the instructors mention his name to me when they seen I was from the
VFW 1333.AsburyVFW had more State Commanders than any other VFW in the State
ofN.J..Joe Scott also started the first Drum & Bugle band in A.P.H.S. Iwas I
was told.He was a good man.He told me once alot people came in Asbury made
Money and left the City hanging with empty buildings.Healso got me he the VFW
and help me with my Eplipespy get on the road with medication in the VA
Center.He is one of the reasons I do somuch with the VFW I gave him my word if
I moved to Asbury I wouldhelp out the best that I could with the WWII Veterans
& the VFW inGeneral.

James Grabe
Veterans Alliance
Past Commander