--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 8/9/2005 1:28:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Also, as  I racall, the quote from those 3 people as posted (I
don't
> remember if it  was you or Leslie who posted it) portended
classism,
> not racism, which are  entirely different things.
>

> Tommy,
>
> You have selective hearing.  We wrote it very clearly (both Jim
and  myself)
> on three or four different occasions and you still are hearing
what you  want
> to hear.  Go back to the e-mails for the exact statements which
are  very
> clear.  If not, lets just stop talking about it.  Actually, lets
stop talking
> about it either way : )
>
> Leslie

Here is your quote from post 10944, Leslie:

"For the record, during the run up to the AP Council election, I had
three separate conversations with people from Asbury Park - two with
straight white men and one with a gay white man - where they
ultimately said that poor black people in the Southwest quadrant of
Asbury Park should just move to Neptune so that we in Asbury don't
have to deal with their problems anymore."

Here is your quote from post 10944, Leslie:

"For the record, during the run up to the AP Council election, I had
three separate conversations with people from Asbury Park - two with
straight white men and one with a gay white man - where they
ultimately said that poor black people in the Southwest quadrant of
Asbury Park should just move to Neptune so that we in Asbury don't
have to deal with their problems anymore."

Since in your quote the modifier "poor" black people was used and
not "all" black people, I'm not wrong for suggesting the quote
portends classism, not racism.  It's YOUR QUOTE Leslie, not mine.

Once again, I refuse to let this paraphrase of a quote, from 3
unnamed people, who might have been using classism and not racism,
as irrefutable evidence that Asbury Park is a racist community.

It is not.