"Since in your quote the modifier "poor" black people was used and not
"all" black people, I'm not wrong for suggesting the quote portends
classism, not racism.  It's YOUR QUOTE Leslie, not mine.  Once again,
I refuse to let this paraphrase of a quote, from 3 unnamed people, who
might have been using classism and not racism, as irrefutable evidence
that Asbury Park is a racist community."

Tommy give it up; Leslie never said "poor", she and Jim quoted 3 men
allegedly making the statement.  What she did in fact say, and you
happily avoid, is the following":

"if you define racism on a broader scale, then one might see it more
frequently. Examples of individual and institutional racism are black
or other people of color:
- having a more difficult time securing bank loans,
- having a more difficult time securing employment
- receiving a poorer quality public education than white or
multicultural schools
- being followed or shadowed in a store as if they intend to steal
something
- being pulled over by police as if they have stolen the car they are
in or are doing something wrong
- watching white people instinctively clutch their wallet / purse when
seeing a black person walking down the street."

Apparently this so offends the 3 bigot news that you've been
instructed to construct a paper tiger against which you now wage a
holy crusade.  This society is rife with both racism and classism,
facts only a fool would deny.  On the latter you're well qualified.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>