--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sandy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -Now you know i never blamed sonny boy for the hurricane.
> I blame him for his lack of action prior to and immediately after
> the hurricane passing through the area.

If that's the case then you aren't being very fair to him.  As far as
giving notice to the people, I live in New Jersey and I followed this
storm everyday on the news way back when it was still a "tropical
depression" without a name.  There was about a week to 10 days notice
of this storm to the people in the South.  Then for days people were
told to evacuate.  Then evacuations plans were put into effect and
hundreds of thousands of people did go. You can't blame the President
for the ones who stayed behind.

Response after the storm was as good as it gets.  You aren't going to
put FEMA or Red Cross workers there before hand and make them victims
of the storm too.  They have to come in after and that is exactly what
they did, and have been doing since the moment the storm passed over.

Of the 43 Presidents this country has had, do you think any one of them
had resources (both human and monetary) at the ready to ensure that no
one got hurt in a category 4-5 hurricaine in the Gulf Coast?  Surely
you don't.

Playing politics with the deaths of thousands of Americans would make
me feel pretty awful.  You should reflect on what you are saying.  You
know there is nothing any President could have done differently.

The title of this thread is reflective of the victimology identity that
holds someone is always responsible for another's misfortune.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM