-I am not blaming sonny boy because people stayed behind. I'm
complaining about his lack of readiness to action after the storm
had passed. It's a shame that your such a die hard republican
because you can't see the forest for the trees. <:~)-

- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sandy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > -Now you know i never blamed sonny boy for the hurricane.
> > I blame him for his lack of action prior to and immediately
after
> > the hurricane passing through the area.
>

> If that's the case then you aren't being very fair to him.  As far
as
> giving notice to the people, I live in New Jersey and I followed
this
> storm everyday on the news way back when it was still a "tropical
> depression" without a name.  There was about a week to 10 days
notice
> of this storm to the people in the South.  Then for days people
were
> told to evacuate.  Then evacuations plans were put into effect and
> hundreds of thousands of people did go. You can't blame the
President
> for the ones who stayed behind.
>
> Response after the storm was as good as it gets.  You aren't going
> put FEMA or Red Cross workers there before hand and make them
victims
> of the storm too.  They have to come in after and that is exactly
what
> they did, and have been doing since the moment the storm passed
over.

> Of the 43 Presidents this country has had, do you think any one of
them
> had resources (both human and monetary) at the ready to ensure
that no
> one got hurt in a category 4-5 hurricaine in the Gulf Coast?
Surely
> you don't.
>
> Playing politics with the deaths of thousands of Americans would
make
> me feel pretty awful.  You should reflect on what you are saying.
You

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM