On 2/18/06 4:48 PM, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> -- even Tri City should wake up
>> and print some truth once in a while.
>
> Easy there Gary!  You won't find anyone saying triCity did a story
> because they "called in a marker."  There is no such quid pro quo for
> journalism at triCity.  You have to go to the NY Times to find writers
> of that ilk (see, e.g. Jayson Blair).

I think the columnists all do their jobs well; however, the "news" in that
supposed newspaper is truly lacking.  There are a million stories happening
in the Monmouth County area every week and it seems like they never reach
Tri-City unless a press release is faxed over.

Sorry, but I prefer my "alternative papers" to be like the Village Voice
where writers launch their career from.