--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The goal of Asbury Partners seems to be that they wish to control
> every commercial establishment from the beach to Grand Avenue.
They
> are are going to control the commercial properties in the fast-
track
> condo buildings too.

A source told me that Fishman said to them that there would NO
RETAIL between Grand and the BW EXCEPT FOR THE BW.

> Recent eminant domain proceedings against all of Pat Fasano's
> properties (which seems unusally selective since they are so
> disparate and far apart) by Fishman confirms the latter's desire
> control all business there.

Another view would be because Fasano is a trouble maker (in their
eyes) but I don't think that is so. I think it is what you say, but
more importantly, not to control wht's there, but to remove it so
there is nothing but the BW and its frontage on Ocean Ave. What we
have wrought here is a canyon of condos. I am not suggesting an
abundance of retail to compete with Downtown, but a diversity of
ground floor uses. That is how you make a lively urban environment
with the right kind of street life. The plans thus far are
tantamount to a sterile, age-restricted condo complex ala Brick. A
private enclave is what Larry is creating.

> Accordingly, I don't think they plan on never fixing the beach
> buildings.  I think they plan to do it a bit at a time with condo
> profits as the condos are sold.
>
> Imagine when you try to open a business on the beach and you don't
> like the lease terms.  You go 7 blocks down and you run into the
> same landlord.  You go 3 blocks west and you run into the same
> landlord.

Last year I made a pilgrimage to Adam Smith's grave in Edinburgh. He
will roll in his grave seeing the monopoly that Fishman is creating.
You know what a monopoly creates? An overpriced and mundane
environment, especially when it is controlled by someone with
absolutely no vision. I remind you again of one of the first stories
I told here in AP how a friend of mine who headed Cushman &
Wakefield's retail division told me they quit as Partners' retail
partner because they (Partners) didn't know what they were doing.
The only thing the people behind Asbury Partners know how to do is
take and squeeze the lemon until nothing is left except the rind.