If Brue has asked for buildings etc not to be named after him then that request should be respected.  Asking what more can he can do for the city is just ridiculous.  My guess what is really being asked is how we can exploit his fame?  The man’s success has been well deserved for years of work.  He must feel a bond with the city and gives back in many ways probably more than we will even know.  His gifts are to provide hope to those who need it.  How could the city and/or master developer capitalize on this?  Maybe place his picture of the real estate ads?  Or if you buy a condo, you get a signed CD?  His history will always be a part of Asbury but his fame can not be used to raise real estate values here for individuals.

dfsavgny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just saw Bruce on the Boardwalk on Eyewitness News Ch 7 in advance of
his appearance on Good Morning America. I ask the question why doesn;t
Bruce do more for AP? I don't intend that to mean that to cast light on
what he doesn't do, but WHY he obviously doesn;t do more? You could not
ask for a better attention grabber. Other places would kill for it. WHY
hasn't this City and master developer been able to capitalize more on
his apparent love for AP? Is the answer to my first question because of
what the city has agreed to do - destroy in part the AP Bruce remembers
and loves? Is it because he has no love for Asbury Partners (who
could)? How does Bruce feel about trading remanmts of the Circuit for a
condo village? AP only makes the news for two reasons - 1) negative
news explotive the fears of the white suburbs and 2) its music
heritage, typically associated with Bruce. How could a redevelopment
plan totally ignore this City's already-established foundation for
fame? Absolutely insane.

Asbury park home Asbury park nj Asbury park hotel
Asbury park foreclosure Asbury park real estate Asbury park

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS