I agree, Allen! He has already given Millions! What has the City
done with it?  Yeah, yeah, they have spent SOME of it for good, but
as far as Bruce, he has given 200%, given the City enough publicity,
that it could never pay for, so let him, (Bruce), BE! They know how
to spend the "free", unasked for money Bruce has given, but what is
Asbury Partners doing, beside elbowing out the working poor and
middle class? Okay, I've got my sword and shield up, already!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> If Brue has asked for buildings etc not to be named after him then
that request should be respected.  Asking what more can he can do
for the city is just ridiculous.  My guess what is really being
asked is how we can exploit his fame?  The man's success has been
well deserved for years of work.  He must feel a bond with the city
and gives back in many ways probably more than we will even know.
His gifts are to provide hope to those who need it.  How could the
city and/or master developer capitalize on this?  Maybe place his
picture of the real estate ads?  Or if you buy a condo, you get a
signed CD?  His history will always be a part of Asbury but his fame
can not be used to raise real estate values here for individuals.

> dfsavgny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Just saw Bruce on the Boardwalk on
Eyewitness News Ch 7 in advance of
> his appearance on Good Morning America. I ask the question why
doesn;t
> Bruce do more for AP? I don't intend that to mean that to cast
light on
> what he doesn't do, but WHY he obviously doesn;t do more? You
could not
> ask for a better attention grabber. Other places would kill for
it. WHY
> hasn't this City and master developer been able to capitalize more
on
> his apparent love for AP? Is the answer to my first question
because of
> what the city has agreed to do - destroy in part the AP Bruce
remembers
> and loves? Is it because he has no love for Asbury Partners (who
> could)? How does Bruce feel about trading remanmts of the Circuit
for a
> condo village? AP only makes the news for two reasons - 1)
negative
> news explotive the fears of the white suburbs and 2) its music
> heritage, typically associated with Bruce. How could a
redevelopment
> plan totally ignore this City's already-established foundation for
> fame? Absolutely insane.

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.