--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> Do you know what Bruce doesn't do?  Stick his nose into local
> politics.
>
> I don't know if you were around yet when Bruce wrote a letter to
the
> triCityNews (yup - he's a reader).

Weren't we all before 3CN became press releases & hack journalism?

> It was when Metro Homes had
> named their building "the Rising."  TriCity's Dan Jacobson was the
> first to object with an article saying that we love Bruce but the
> beach has to be about more than him.

Didn't he want to name C8 after Harvey Milk & Malcolm X? Let's be
honest here BB...

The next week Bruce himself
> wrote in and agreed.  He said first of all the Rising was written
> for 9/11 and he didn't think it should be shared with a Condo.  He
> also said he hopes the City would not name anything after him,
> unless it was somehting simple like a hot dog stand.

Freehold ran a contest to name a Fire Engine, and came up with "Born
to Run". Apparently Bruce had no problem funding that....

That is when
> Metro ran the $10,000 bond contest for the City student who came
up
> with the best name, and Esperanza won.

HOPE.

> Imagine that. He does so much for AP and he doesn't even want any
> recognition for it.
>
> Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!  He's the man.

Where were you tonight?

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dfsavgny" <dfsavgny@> wrote:
> >
> > Just saw Bruce on the Boardwalk on Eyewitness News Ch 7 in
advance
> of
> > his appearance on Good Morning America. I ask the question why
> doesn;t
> > Bruce do more for AP? I don't intend that to mean that to cast
> light on
> > what he doesn't do, but WHY he obviously doesn;t do more? You
> could not
> > ask for a better attention grabber. Other places would kill for
> it. WHY
> > hasn't this City and master developer been able to capitalize
more
> on
> > his apparent love for AP? Is the answer to my first question
> because of
> > what the city has agreed to do - destroy in part the AP Bruce
> remembers
> > and loves? Is it because he has no love for Asbury Partners (who
> > could)? How does Bruce feel about trading remanmts of the
Circuit