It appears that between your reply and the one prior to it there are
different points of view on just what was allowed and what has
changed...  So apparently others here are both misinformed and
making incorrect assumptions, too.

Bottom line is that I really think this is too bad.  Unfortunate for
the town.  This move eliminates something that was both highly
desireable and differentiating for AP and just simply a lot of fun.
As a marketing professional I am truly amazed.  We want people to
come back and check out AP then take away something that was getting
them here.  What a pity.  I am also kind of amazed that, with all of
the things both important and sometimes silly that are debated on
this board, nothing was ever mentioned about this (forgive me if I
missed something).  I for one will be complaining to Terry Reidy and
our Council.

 --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Asburycouple,
>
> You are misinformed regarding this topic and making some incorrect
assumptions.
> Bike riding has ALWAY been banned on the boardwalk except between
the hours of 6am to
> 9am
>
> The width of the boardwalk has nothing to do with bikes or any
other vehicles. The width
> is an aougrowth of the evolution of Asbuey Park and the influence
of the City Beautiful
> movement promoting large public spaces.
>
> logically, the 'Bike Shop' should never have been given permission
to operate on the
> boardwalk since it is a conflict of use with pedestrian and
beachfront activities. And biking

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM