--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> It comes down to what is best for Asbury. Keady should view this
from the resdients perspective.  WE LIVE HERE.  WE PAY TAXES HERE.
Why support a mission that will be in OUR town to help others?  I
know this is needed however as we all know there are already plenty
in Asbury.

>   If there were an increase of Asbury residents needing
assistance, and the facilities / programs were not able to handle,
then I could understand.  While I do not know the numbers I would
think the homeless has declined.

>   The councilman should put aside his selfish thoughts (while I
understant are high) and represent the people of Asbury.  That is
why he was elected.

> dfsavgny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>           --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "paulvail1964"
<vailpj@> wrote:

> > The consensus of the council was not unanimous. Councilman Keady
> made
> > it clear last night that he supports the Market Street Mission's
> > homeless shelter and soup kitchen on Asbury Avenue.
> >

> Paul, you know that I personally support Stand Up For Asbury and
> disagree with my friend Jim Keady on this issue. I am glad that
you
> merely reported the facts of his disagreement in your post. That
being
> said, I think Jim's reluctance to oppose the shelter is based upon
his
> religious and moral principles and that he stands on higher moral
> ground than I do in opposing it. While I commend both Messers.
Loffredo
> and Johnson for their stand, I still beleive that Jim Keady is one
of
> the best friends the citizens of Asbury Park have in city
government.
> We just must agree to disagree on certain issues. My check is in
the
> mail.
>

> What a racist view!  YOU don't speak for ALL residents and you
don't speak for me!  I'm with Jim's view.  When Marlboro Psychiatric
Hospital closed, the mentally challenged began showing up here.  The
powers that be, back in the 80's were so busy "getting theirs", no
one seemed to care! I'll bet that the Mission will be a place that
the homeless will flock to for lack of a better place to go. Go into
the archives and see who was running Asbury Park, when they GAVE the
City to Carabetta!  Every administration since, have said THEY had
the answer to this City's problems and every "new" administration
are beset with the same problems as before. These are just "old"
problems recycled.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM