Steve,
I don't get it.
You claim other groups are racist, but you make comments like the following;

"Yes, Syrian Jews & Hasidics are both "One the Move" to take over the entire
area. What I've
heard about that Ocean Area is that due to the fact that there's a
transportation route to
New York through there, they're buying up everything around the bus routes to
"Make it
Safe" to walk through right to the Bus/ Train with suitcases filled with Cash
or Diamonds!"

Is that not a racist statement? Especially the part about "Cash or Diamonds"

What do you mean by that?

If you don't think your statement was racist, then explain to us how it is not.

I think you have some good things to say, but you undermine your credibility
with
statements like that.

So what if people want to "Make it Safe" and build a community.

So far, Asbury itself has done a pretty shitty job in maintaining and growing
this once
beautiful city. Don't get me wrong, i'm appalled by the destruction of so many
beautiful
and historic buildings here, but on the other hand Asbury needs new blood, and
new
thinking.

I've stated before that i'm a newcomer to this town, and that I see things on a
daily basis
that disturb me. Do you want to see what i'm talking about? Take a drive right
now to
Library Square Park. It's a beautiful park. Walk to the center of it, near the
fountain. You'll
find lots of garbage and discarded drug paraphenalia. Look around you...you'll
see some
people passed out on the grass. You'll see a tree with somebodies discarded
clothing, and
other gross things laying around. Take a walk on 1st ave. and notice how many
discarded
beer bottles are on peoples lawns, and how much crap in general is just
discarded and left
for other people to deal with.

Being poor or homeless isn't a crime, but it's also not an excuse.
I agree that more needs to be done to help people get ahead in life, but people
also need
to be accountable for their own lives too.

When i hear you being passionate about the gap between rich and poor and things
like
that, I agree with you. But, I also agree with the people who've taken a chance
on Asbury,
invested in a home or business here, and want to live in a safe and clean
place. I, for one,
am sick of cleaning up other peoples garbage from my lawn. And i'm not too
happy seeing
drug deals take place right in front of me, and not too happy about my block
being used
as prostitution central.

So, if a group like Stand up comes along to try and prevent more of the same
from
happening in AP...so what? What's wrong with that. I donated to them, but not
before
doing some research and forming my own opinion. I want my home to be safe and
clean,
and I want to be proud in my home so that when people come to visit they don't
leave with
a bad impression of the city I live in.

The Jersey shore is filled with contradictions...you have beautiful affluent
communities on
all sides of Asbury, with virtually none of the problems we have. I lived in
Allenhurst for 10
years without ever needing to clean up somebody else's garbage, or chase
prostitutes
away from my front yard.

Asbury's current problems began long ago, and they aren't going away anytime
soon. But,
in order for change to happen, radically new ways of thinking need to be
applied to our
city, and past mistakes can't continue to be repeated.

I support Stand up for that very reason. I don't want Asbury to become a haven
for
homelessness. I don't want to see homeless people hurt either. I don't know
what the
answer is, but I want to protect my investment.

Sincerely, Jack

http://us.click.yahoo.com/7EuRwD/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM