--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>   I am not a millionaire but I don't think you should have to pay
a greater % just becuase you have more money.

I am not a millionaire either Allan, but I disagree with you
(slightly). I am for progressive tax rates as we have. What I took
offense to was Steve's fiction that the RICH don't pay their fair
share. As Oak says, "how much is enough?" Listen, if someone wants
to pay my mortgages and real estate taxes, give me food, I'll quit
and sit on my ass too. I have no problem with that.

Very few people need to have public assistance with doing nothing in
return. Workfare for most. Pay incentives for sending kids to
schools and passing grades. Pay for education and housing and food
while in school and then job placement. After that they are on their
own. No one addicted to drugs or alcohol gets money. They get rehab
and ankle bracelets and a job training. 3 strikes you're out, no
more assistance.

Listen to the story Tom told about his brother. Tough love.
Sometimes it has to be done.