dfsavgny wrote;
"The Council had the chance to do something about it but chose not to. A
couple of  years of litgation would be better than 26 more years of
chasing  them. Partners is ruining this city."
That being said, could "we" or somebody start a movement like the Stand
up for Asbury Park group to do something about this crap?
I'll be honest and admit I don't know squat about real estate. I do know
when a community looks like crap though. That pile of rubble across from
the Pony looks horrible, as does the block  just south of it. The
oceanfront area is a huge eyesore. It's been that way for years. In my
opinion, cleaning up the mess would be one way that Asbury Partners
would win support from our community, but in my 6 months here i've seen
nothing change. What about the area just west of Club Paradise? It's
full of rusting and ugly construction equipment that's just a huge
eyesore. Oh, let's not forget the lot behind the Golddigger. What a
mess. Full of litter and abandoned vehicles, and an unlocked gate that
just invites people to go piss in there, prostitutes to do their
business and drug addicts to have a convienient place to go do their
thing.
I think that unfortunately apathy has caused people to not notice this
stuff anymore. I'm new here so I can't help but see it.