It seems that some of the crime that has plagued our city has
diminished, such as the prostitutes and their pimps, but now violent
crime is on the rise again.
Speeding also seems to be a bit out of control. I've seen people
racing up and down my street (1st Ave) going around 50 mph.
As for bikes on the boardwalk, I ride there quite often now that it's
open for cycling (all hours, not the summer hours) and i've never seen
an incident of cyclists intimidating pedestrians. It would be a shame
if a few irresponsible kids on bikes ruin it for the rest of us.
On the other hand, I have encountered a group of kids being
intimidating at the boardwalk, and i've seen them throwing rocks at
the 2 trailers near the Pony. They were also on bikes, so maybe they
are the ones causing trouble.
Also, I noticed that the A/C was on in one of those trailers the other
day, while it was around 55 degrees out. Plus, there was nobody
inside. Seems like a big waste of energy to me.
Jack