Fair enough point.  The fact still remains though that crime, and
especially violent crime, seems to continue to be an issue.  There is
alot of positive press coming out about Asbury Park...I get a weekly
letter from Tom Gilmour with what to do for the weekend and there are
lots of events sponsored by Asbury Partners to try to keep the city's
positive momentum going...Plus, Paramount and Westminster have their "e"
campaigns going with Metro right behind them.  Take a look at their
websites and you will see them "selling" an interesting version of
Asbury Park.

  All of that positive publicity gets wiped out when someone shoots off a
gun or gets raped!  I still can't believe that the builders are not
putting more pressure on the city to clean up the violence.

    http://standraise.corp.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/

    http://standraise.corp.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/join