There has always been crime in Asbury as long as I can remember. I was always told when I first lived there in '82 that there had been constant unrest since the race riots of '66, which led to the town going down the tubes because people were afraid of living there. I don't know how much that is true, but it was always a risk to be walking around at night. I was raped in 1984 on 4th Ave, by the Fast Lane while walking home from The Gold Digger one night. The cops were pretty ineffectual then, as I suppose they still are.

In 1986 I was stabbed in my home in Bradley Beach. Same ineffectual police. Don't ask me why I would ever think of coming back to the area, but I have been really happy about some of the things going on. The place looks much better. Cookman used to be like a street on the Twilight Zone. I see these things as great strides, even if they are small and hard to come by. There are people on the boardwalk during the day, and there is even a playground for my son. These are positive signs, and I do really hope that people who consider buying here will see what I see.

Carolyne

Asbury park nj real estate United state flag Asbury park nj
Asbury park real estate United state travel