I do, too.  No disrespect to anyone's dead parents, but what has Jim
Bruno done on his own?  I don't live off the the accomplishments of my
parents, so what does that make him?  What has he ever done for anyone?
When the Italians ran everything here, it was for Italians and no one
else!  The Jews or Italians owned everything, on the West Side, which
is why the West Side and Main St., burned down back in 1970.  If you
ask 10 Black people that lived here about what happened, you get 10
different stories.  I was asked many times, why did the Blacks burn
everything down and I had to remind them, that not only was I not
living here, but didn't know the body politics, at the time.  Some of
the causes was police brutality, lack of jobs, lack of education, lack
of suitable, affordable housing and many of the buildings that were
burned, were roach and rat infested.  When I lived in Neptune, "on the
hill", as they called it, we were envied, like you wouldn't believe!
I didn't know that "living on the hill", meant we had "made it"!  I
was shocked, because even though the home we owned was modest, to say
the least, it wasn't what I was used to!  It was decent, well kept and
maintained, but no big deal!  So call me "bourgie"; what do I care?  I
had never lived in, or been to, a "ghetto", whatever that was.  All
Blacks don't live in the projects or substandard homes.  Didn't know
where NJ Blacks, were coming from, either!  So back to Jim.  What has
he ever done, on his own.  Did he get his firemen job because of his
Mom and Dad's reputations?  Did he get it on merit?  Old boy network?
What?  I had to work for mine.  Just asking.