--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As a teenager I was watching the riots from Bangs and Main. until the
curfew kicked in. It was amazing so many cops,National Guards
stationed at the High Schoo The Governer coming in by Helicoper
landind at the High School Army Guards with M-16's. It was scary
watching your town go to up i flames.. I'll tell you there was some
tension afterwards but what I think healed this City was the killing
of Police Officier Joe Monteparo by a black man on Springwood Ave.
Joew was liked by all just as must on the Westide than east. It
seemed like everyone came together. The Police Dept started the be a
good Joe campaign  it was runned by Dave Parreott, then Dominic Fazio
after Daved retired. Then it fell by the wayside.

I didn't say I was living on the Hill, did I?  At the time of the
> riots, I was living in Atlantic Beach, Florida, in NAVY Housing,
with
> my UNIFORMED NAVY, VIET-NAM VET, Husband!  I saw the riots on TV!
> moved to NJ at the end of 1970.  I moved to Neptune in 72', but not
> before I took the obligatory, "go see the riot area", everyone had
> told me that, "those people", did!  The first story I heard, was
that
> it, (the riot), was over police brutality of a white cop, badly
> beating a Black man!  Sound familiar?  Did not Rodney King
> get "whupped" by your kind?  Don't they still call them PIGS in
LA?
> The Panthers were everywhere.  They didn't just come into the
City.