I didn't say I was living on the Hill, did I?  At the time of the
riots, I was living in Atlantic Beach, Florida, in NAVY Housing, with
my UNIFORMED NAVY, VIET-NAM VET, Husband!  I saw the riots on TV!  I
moved to NJ at the end of 1970.  I moved to Neptune in 72', but not
before I took the obligatory, "go see the riot area", everyone had
told me that, "those people", did!  The first story I heard, was that
it, (the riot), was over police brutality of a white cop, badly
beating a Black man!  Sound familiar?  Did not Rodney King
get "whupped" by your kind?  Don't they still call them PIGS in LA?
The Panthers were everywhere.  They didn't just come into the City.
They already lived in AP, according to some reliable sources; not the
compliant "Uncle Toms", either!  So while you were either wiping your
nose, my husband had already been on the front lines, of an unpopular
war, while probably NONE of you EVER served, Uncle Sam!  You may be
right about the Civil Service test, you spoke about and I have heard
Sterling stories about Mr. Bruno, really!  I don't know the man,
personally, but whenever I'm in his company, he's cordial, friendly
and none of the monstrous things, I've heard.  He's always respectful
and great to be around.  It's really hard for me to fathom, some of
the stuff reported on him, honestly.  Of course, I've never been the
victim of his venomous attitude to Mr. Keady, whom I know
personally.  Can't believe some of the stuff attributed to Ed
Johnson, who I admire and respect also.  Just what happens at those
Council Meetings?  Whenever I do come, they are always calm?  What, I
need to come more often?  Nothing ever happens when I come to the
meetings.  I met Joey D at the last one I attended and then, he was
gone!  I was shown beautiful respect, from everyone online, here.
Hugged and kissed them like they were my relatives, blew kisses to
the council and wished them a good meeting.  There were those who
made some heated statements, but no real outbursts.  Even the Black
folks I know, were surprised to see me there.  Sat right next to
AsburyJim and Kate.  Everybody was civilized.  Nothing personal
against Jim, Really!  Can't we all just get along?