I guess it depends on "what people think."  If they think there is
200 Bloods, then I respectfully disagree - the gang problem is
actually far less than what they think.

I guess you need to supply us a definition of what you mean by "what
people think."

What do people think?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think that one thing to consider is that the gangs just don't
stay in there own towns, they
> move from town to town.
> From what I understand, there's a huge connection between the
Lakewood and AP gangs.

<justifiedright@> wrote:

> > Looks like they read Justified Right before their meeting.  It's
as
> > if they lifted the words right from the page.
> >

> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dfsavgny" <dfsavgny@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Seek allies in gang fight
> > > Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 12/28/06
> > >  Post Comment
> > > Some Long Branch activists want outside agencies to come in
and
> > help
> > > address the city's gang problem. With two homicides in less
than a
> > > week, residents have every right to be concerned about their
> > safety.
> > >
> > > Mayor Adam Schneider and Public Safety Director William
Richards
> > > should reach out to the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office
and
> > the
> > > State Police, and use whatever resources are available to root
out
> > > the gangs and drugs that give rise to so much of the violence.
> > >
> > > The city's police are not to blame. Nor should they be
expected to
> > > handle this on their own. Gang problems don't start or stop at
any
> > > municipality's borders. That's why it's so important for the
> > county
> > > and state law enforcement agencies to step in. Recent
shootings in
> > > Neptune, Asbury Park and Long Branch shouldn't be treated as
> > isolated
> > > events.
> > >
> > > Long Branch and county law enforcement officials have
contended
> > that
> > > crime statistics show there is no gang problem in the city — a
> > view
> > > not shared by many of its residents. That contrarian
perspective
> > has
> > > been reinforced by the two recent murders and the four murders
> > since
> > > August. At a Tuesday news conference, Lorenzo "Bill" Dangler,
> > > president of the local NAACP chapter, said no one is
interested in
> > > statistics, and his organization "emphatically would say we do
> > have a
> > > gang problem here as well as Monmouth County."
> > >
> > > The city activists, with Councilman Brian Unger, suggested the
> > > county's Tactical Narcotics Team return, that more patrol cars
and
> > > foot patrols be assigned to key areas of the city and that the
> > > federal Drug Enforcement Administration establish a presence
in
> > Long
> > > Branch.
> > >
> > > A heavy, collaborative effort between the law enforcement
agencies
> > > should include the city's school community, to keep young
students
> > > from being lured into gangs. One of the shooting victims,
Keith
> > > Mason, 28, was a standout athlete at Long Branch High School.
In a