--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> As much as I hate to say it, this is one more in a long series of
> examples why the state needs to come in and completely take over the
> AP school system.  No matter how hard good people try to make this
> better (you being top of that list) the ridiculous drama and
> divisiveness continues.  The only ones really losing, every single
> day, are the kids.
>
> I am now convinced we'll never fix this problem ourselves.

     Thanks for what you have said and the very kind words.  There are
days when I think this is a really bad soap opera with no redeeming
social value, and one in which the kids are afterthoughts, at best.
And I had hoped that State intervention would be something more
valuable than yet another layer of bureacracy.  And yet, with many
good people willing to fight to keep this district from backsliding
into one big hotbed of cronyism once again, there are, more often than
people realize, signs of quiet progress.  I sincerely believe that our
greatest strength as a district is at the elementary level.  There is
more stability there, and we need to build on that.  I also see many
students at the secondary level who are very appreciative when they
are given a helping hand and are not treated dismissively.  I see
teachers who stay long after the last period ends assisting students.
  I don't think we can afford to throw up our hands and walk away. The
people in this town need to demand of their elected officials, whether
the council or the schoolboard: "Just what is your agenda?  And if
your main concern is furthering your own status in life, diverting
public funds, or persecuting good employees to make room for your
friends, then step aside before you do any more damage than you have
done already.  There's real important work that needs to be done, and
it has absolutely nothing to do with your personal agenda."
                            Frank D'Alessandro