I'm with you on this one Tom.  I've been advocating state takeover
but that's no great solution either.  I think this is a better way to
go.  Bottom line is that this is so broken there's no fixing it as it
is today.  The reccomendation you have been advocating, and now
apparently the APP is, seems like a viable solution to proving better
learning opportunities for APP kids.

And Werner, I would tend to believe it is better to provide a good
educational opportunity regionally then to fail our kids because we
are worried about the "identity of a community's children" being
sacrificed.  How many decades does it take to demonstrate that this
school system will not solve it's own problems.  How many generations
of kids should we sacrifice to keep local control?  What is the
community identity left for these kids by a failed school system?

Tom makes a good point below about the other towns who don't have
their own HS - doesn't seem to be a problem there.  So why would it
be for our kids?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"

http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM