I am glad to see that there is finally a spirited debate in regard to
the Asbury Park School District.  I guess we can call it the "Tommy
Plan?"  As for the school being "dismantled", that is absolutely
insane. It will never happen.  We all know it and it is ridiculous to
think it will happen.  Regionalization may considered way down the
line, but it will take years to happen.  Especially with the pitviper
lawyers out there chomping at the bit to get a piece of this legal
action from the surrounding towns.  Tommy, you know that's going to
happen.  It isn't possible for this to happen in "4" months.  We need
to have a plan in place now.

The High School, Middle School and Alternative Middle School are in
chaos.  Without strong leadership from the top down, this will never
be fixed.  Lewis was the cause of this entire debacle.  When he took
over in 1999, the scores began to plummett, drastically.  There has
been no strong leadership in this district in any of the years that
Lewis has been in charge.  We need strong leaders in all these
schools.  He has constantly hired weak links that he could control.
This is a total recipe for disaster.  We need the strong leaders in
here now to begin to fix the problems.  As for hiring a Ferina from
LB, the staff fear him, they don't necessarily like him.  You can't
run a district on fear and intimidation like Lewis did for all his
years here.

I believe that people that are interested in the well being of the
staff and students, they need to run for the BOE.  The filing
deadline is 4pm today.  You need 10 signatures.  This is a pivotal
year.  5 seats are up and it can totally change.  It's time to get
some stability in here now.--- In
AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Denise you are right to point that out.
>
> Under my plan, the High School Students get split among 7 area
> schools:
>
> Manasquan, Wall, Neptune, Ocean, Long Branch, Shore Regional and
Red

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM