--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "2fine4u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

1. Check Mate
2. The Mercy Center
3. Interfaith Neigbors
4. Trinity Church
5. Let's not forget Rev. Nunn he says he feeds over "100" homeless a
day. Plusc he stopped the violence too.

Pluc the city will get housing for those who WANT it.

Just to name a few.

 I find this article contemptuous!  One, YOU do NOT speak, for over
> 17,000 AP residents and you certainly DON'T speak, for me!  I found
> the remarks about how many agencies, serving this community
> incorrect.  You don't cite or name any agency, that serves the
poor.
> Your figures, on how many of any group, ex-convicts, alcoholics,
> etc., are over-inflated, to make your argument, credible.  You are
> using ficticious numbers in all instances to make your argument,
when
> the reality, is quite different!  Please list me 2 agencies that
> house and help the poor; just 2 and I will lower my tone!  I
haven't
> heard one word, in favor of the Mission, because you are so bent on
> having it YOUR way and discrediting the head of the Mission and
using
> city resources, to make their presence here, untenable.  That'a all
> have to say of the unchristianlike attitude, of a small group, that
> want parity when it comes to their life issues and inequality, for
> all others!
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "paulvail1964" <vailpj@> wrote:
> >
> > (Not exactly as I wrote it but this op ed piece appeared in
> > Morristown's local paper, home of the market street mission.)
> >
> > Asbury Park does not want this shelter
> > Community is struggling to get back on feet as is
> >
> > BY PAUL VAIL
> > Friday, March 2, 2007
> >
> > The Market Street Mission of Morristown is trying to open a
branch
> in
> > Asbury Park.
> >
> > From where I sit, this would be a homeless shelter, drug and
> alcohol
> > treatment center, soup kitchen and used-car facility in the heart
> of
> > Asbury Park, a seaside community struggling to come back after
> almost
> > 40 years of serious decline.
> >
> > Our city already hosts numerous tax-exempt charitable
institutions

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM